If you have ever experienced sending or receiving parcels via Post, then you understand how important it is to have a reliable tracking system. With Pakistan Post Bag ID tracking, one can easily keep tabs on mail from the comfort of home.
Why is it Important?
Bag ID tracking is a simple and convenient way to monitor the latest status. Whether you are sending a package to a loved one or waiting for an important document to arrive, you can easily track your package every step of the way.
Format of Bag ID
The Pakistan Post uses a unique format for bag ID tracking, which typically consists of the letters “BAG” followed by a sequence of eight digits.
For instance, a bag ID format could look like “BAG26620171”. This ID is used to track bags and ensure timely delivery of mail and packages.
Here are some key features of Bag ID tracking:
- Quick and Easy Access: You can access Bag ID from anywhere, anytime, using your computer or mobile device. Simply visit the Pakistan Post website to get started.
- Accurate and Up-to-Date Information: In order to get real-time updates on your email’s status. You can see exactly where your package is at any given time.
- Easy Complaint Registration: If you have any issues or concerns with your package, you can easily register a complaint through the Bag ID number. The complaint form will allow you to fill out the credentials and submit them.
How to Use Bag ID to Track Parcels?
Here are the quick and easy steps to use it:
- Visit the ep.gov.pk or download the Pakistan Post mobile app. (app post link)
- Enter your bag ID number and hit the find button 🔍.
- View your package status.
If you notice any issues, register a complaint through the system.
All in all, doing this task is an easy process. With its accurate and up-to-date information, you can rest assured that your package is in good hands. So why wait? Start sending and tracking your mail today!
Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly is the Pakistan Post Bag ID, and how is it different from regular parcel tracking numbers?
The Pakistan Post Bag ID is a unique identifier assigned to consolidated shipments, primarily used for bulk mail orders or when multiple items are sent together in one bag or container. Instead of tracking individual items, users can monitor the entire bag’s journey, making it more efficient for businesses or large-volume senders.
In contrast, regular parcel tracking numbers are assigned to individual parcels, allowing recipients or senders to monitor a specific item’s journey. In essence, while a parcel tracking number gives insight into a single item’s transit, the Bag ID offers a broader view, tracking a collective set of items.
How can users efficiently use the Bag ID Tracking system to monitor their mail orders?
To utilize the Bag ID Tracking system, follow these steps:
- Obtain the Bag ID: When sending or expecting bulk mail orders, ensure you have the unique Bag ID. If you’re the sender, Post will provide this when you consolidate your shipments. As a recipient, request this ID from the sender or the entity dispatching the bulk order.
- Visit the Tracking Portal: Navigate to the official tracking website of Post.
- Input the Bag ID: In the tracking section, enter the Bag ID in the designated field. It’s crucial to input the number accurately to get the correct tracking details.
- Track and Monitor: Once entered, the system will display the entire journey of the consolidated shipment. Users can see dispatch dates, transit points, estimated delivery times, and more.
Remember, since the Bag ID tracks the entire bag and not individual items, you might need to liaise with the sender for specifics on individual parcel delivery once the bag reaches its final destination.
What should I do if the tracked Bag ID shows delivery, but I haven’t received my individual mail order from the bag?
If the Bag ID Tracking system indicates the consolidated shipment has been delivered, but you haven’t received your individual order:
- Check with the Main Recipient: Often, bulk mail orders are sent to a central location (like an office or distribution center). Ensure the main recipient has received the bag and is in the process of distributing individual orders.
- Contact the Sender: If there’s no main recipient or if they can’t provide clarity, get in touch with the sender or the business from which you made the purchase. They might offer insight into individual parcel distribution after the bag’s arrival.
- Reach out to the office: If neither of the above steps yields answers, contact Pakistan Post’s customer service with the Bag ID and explain the situation. They can provide additional details or guidance on the next steps.
Keep in mind, while the Bag ID system tracks the journey of the collective shipment, individual parcel distribution within the bag might be managed by the sender or a designated entity at the final destination.
Muhammad Hussain is a regular user of Pakistan Postal Services. He has sent and received dozens of parcels through the national post in the last three years. In this blog, he shares his experience based on official information from this organization. His aim is to educate readers about postal services in Pakistan. Also, how they can gain benefit from this affordable courier option rather than paying high costs.